Saturday, May 18, 2002

I don't know why I do it. It seems harmless at first, but then upon further consumption it's effects can be hazardous. Why I was allowed to continue I will never be able to tell.

Now before everyone's minds start flying around all over the place let me assure you, this addiction, no not that far out, this... strong liking is of nothing so offensive as drugs. Though it's matter is often times more potent. That matter being love. The medium being the romantic comedy.

It's ok to shoot first and then ask questions. I understand the desire. But for some strange, odd reason I find myself drawn to them. Not as a first time in the theatre sort of way, but more like a library rental or something along those lines. It doesn't make much sense even to myself. The plot is thin at best. The acting, often times trite and overplayed. Yet I enjoy the experience.

and this all when i don't have a girl to lay close with on the couch, the only position that should be allowed while watching said movies.

doesn't julia ormond look a lot like kate beckinsdale? or is it the other way around?

So that being said, I watched Serendipity this evening with my sister and two of her friends. Perhaps it was because I had just hung up the phone with becky and was aching for something to ease the pain. Find satisfaction in the successful tale of another's love, if that's what you wish to call it. The movie had the typical plot: boy meets girl, find special connection, lose each other..... years pass, both are engaged but have the nagging sense that this isn't right, both try to find each other but like strangers in the night pass right by each other without knowing it, both marriages are called off, both resign to fact that they have lost all, and lo and behold in the last 2 minutes of the film find each other, final scene a year or so later celebrating anniversary. Awwwwwwww. I know, it brings a tear to the eye. The performances were not bad, john cusack playing the same character I have seen in other movies, and kate beckinsdale being just as hot, if not more so, than in pearl harbor. There's just something about an accent that can turn you on, well me at least.

so I really just realized how pathetic my life really is, don't be offended by it please, it was a slow day.

one last thought: the music playing over the rolling credits on romantic comedies is meant to be mood music for making out, so where the heck was my date tonight?

No comments: