Friday, April 12, 2002

I want to start off by saying that things are not really as bad as they sound. I tend to get pretty dramatic when I'm feeling down. I'm not withdrawing those statements made earlier, I just want to say that I don't just sit around being pissed when I'm at home, 'cause that's not true. I mean, it might help that I am saying this after my week of exams is over and I have nothing to do this weekend. Yeah, that might help relieve the stress a little bit.

I also can't deny that God is still working in spite of my undesired attempts to thwart his plans. Like just today I had lunch with one of my friends that I met while working in the Union. He's a student senator and president of one of the organizations up there. He's also hardcore Jewish. I love this kid to death and actually got him to say that he would come with me to Franklin Graham on Saturday. I just pray that he will stay for the whole thing. Yeah, if anyone is reading this before tomorrow at 7pm please pray for him and that God would be working in his heart. I'm guessing the big thing would be that being a christian might some how cause him to stop being jewish. I pray that doesn't enter his mind.

Man, God has also dropped some excellent conversations with old friends in my lap. Just yesterday I wound up talking on line with my friend Will who is doing a year and a half stint missions trip in Argentina. It was out of the blue that I got his screen name and he just showed up. It was so refreshing. And the day before that I found out the screen name of a guy I worked with for the past two summers at camp. He is so cool and I was missing the friendship. Again it was just random that I found out. Another friend of mine IMed me we were talking and just randomly said he was talking with this other guy. I'm like "WHAT!?" So yeah, that was just a blessing.

Man, it's good for me to type these things out too, because it keeps me aware of what the Lord is doing and how really blessed I am.

No comments: