Wednesday, April 24, 2002

I feel inadequate as a writer. For some reason I like to consider myself not bad at writing verse or coming up with some deep and insightful prose sometimes. But then I have to and read other people's stuff and I feel that I am the lesser in the match up. Consider this peice I really like from a band called The Contingency Plan. "Abandon ship, cause I'm going down / You can jump first, cause I'd rather drown / These restless nights, under this brilliant sky / Is it too late to ask for a kiss goodnight?" Like how simple is that? Four lines, rhyming patter AABB, with the BB being a close rhyme. It's a simple acoustic composition and I am drawn in by it. Am I trying to be too deep, too long, etc? I don't know. But of course I am my worst critic. Maybe I'll drop some lines on here for other's viewing pleasure.

No comments: