Friday, March 01, 2002

Between myself and freedom lies a sinister creation called midterm exams. I mean does this thing actually measure to the fullest all the information I know and have learned in a class. Perhaps if it was an essay test, an open ended question that requires analytical thought and an answer that could perhaps differ from student to student, thus meaning that I have had to process the information on my own and thus producing my own thoughts on the subject matter, I could say that it did. But this test is a multiple guess test (also known as multiple choice test, however I don't believe this accurately portray what happens during the test). 100 questions worth of singling out the most absured answers such that I have to go with the best of two evils to choose the correct answer. And of course once you get to know how to take these tests you know that you can most likely find one or two answers you didn't know hidden in an other question. How does this sufficiently show what I have learned?

Alright I might be a little bitter about having a test on the last day of classes before spring break. And maybe even because it is at 4pm as well. Who knows but it's not making me a very happy person. I just have to make it through the next 2.5 hours and I am free.

A final thing is that I am feeling something weird and I don't know what it is. There is some sort of fear/hesitation/something else that is churning deep down. Maybe I'll find out soon what it is.

No comments: