Thursday, March 14, 2002

The thought came to me whilst sitting and nibbling on some food that was cooked hours before and served from under a heat lamp to me.

'in this tank of intellectuality
we are blinded to our basic needs
to search for purpose past our hollow shell
define the space between heaven and hell'

Think about all 46 odd thousand students that call the University of Florida their home. How many of those are searching for their purpose in this life? How many have found the right answer? The others are left trying to define their space in terms that cannot ever grab the scope of eternity. Their grand schemes can never reach to the heights nor depths of the Truth.

This broke my heart. Which amazed me, because it's been a while since I've been grabbed like that. Is that an inherent problem with experientially based faith? I believe so. I haven't ever really thought of myself as such but in some ways I really am. "Oh, I'm not feeling the Lord...", "If I get a sign I'll do it...", etc. Why can't I just be gripped by the simple fact that my Creator has loved me from before time and take that joy and run wild with it? Why must I demand of God like Gideon?

No comments: