Thursday, February 28, 2002

Life is good I tell ya. There's just something satisfing about recieving a gift you have been waiting for for a very long time. Now by very long I mean 2 months and by gift I mean girl. I won't go into any details but I will say that there is an emptiness that has now been filled. This is going to be a good break.

One other thing that has been in my head recently is this thought of where I am with my walk with the Lord. I know we all could be in a better place then we are now, but the question was posed to me at bible study this week. In the text of Rom 6 there are three kind of steps in our walk. There is the Knowledge: this is where we know and understand who God is and what he has done. There is the Reckoning: which is where this knowledge becomes so real, so vibrant, so alive, that it affects the way we live, our actions and desires and such. Finally there is the Presenting: this is the final step where the reckoning has occured and our actions are to present our bodies to God as slaves to righteousness and not slaves to sin. Well, I'm always like 'I just have a hard time with the presenting'. But after really thinking about it, shouldn't the presenting be the easiest part. Because once we have the reckoning down we are already having our actions changed. This therefore must lead to presenting, there is no other alternative. So I must think and chew on this concept for a while now.

No comments: