Wednesday, March 20, 2002

I really hate the spring semester. I just can never get anything to roll my way. That is, as far as school goes. I can sure tell you that I am having fun with friends and playing music and chilling and stuff. But the school juices just don't seem to be flowing. I never know why either. It's not like I do anything differently than in the fall. I'm doing all the same stuff, it's just that I'm missing a few teeth on the gears if you know what I mean. Things are spinning, but nothing's happening.

Have you ever woken up one morning and realized that you are in a desert? That you are parched and dry, but you can't remember how you got here, or even how long it's been since you have last seen any sign of life. That happened to me over break and I'm still wandering. Trying to find an oasis. Somewhere I can quench this thirst. Bring life back to my aching bones. It's like, I long to be home, but I can't find it. Even when I try to get back I take a step or two then kneel back down. It would be easier to just lay down and stop, but I know that that would be the end of it all. I am not done yet. There is and end to this place. I just need a pillar of fire.

No comments: