Monday, February 27, 2006

what a question...

Do you ever find it hard to focus?  I know I do.  There are so many things that are battling for my attention that I feel like I skim along the top of most things and never really get to their depths.  What do I mean by this?  Things like, when I read for class I seem to turn pages more than turn thoughts in my head, or when I spend time in the word I cannot just sit and meditate on it.

Pastor Curt, the other week, said that if you are too busy to spend time with the Lord you are too busy.  I think I am guilty as charged.  But how do I rectify the situation?  That’s the question of the hour.  I cannot cut out work; the bills have to be paid.  I cannot cut out the reading and writing; they are a necessity for graduation.  And I most definitely cannot cut time spent with Becky; if I were to do so I would be under censure of the Scriptures for not running my household in a Godly manner (besides the fact that I would much rather spend time with her than reading, writing, and working).  So what am I do?  I’m not sure.  Pray is what I will do for now.  Maybe the answer will come.

No comments: